Weekend Registrations purchased through omgwincon.com after January 4th, 2015 have a refund deadline of August 1, 2015. You may request a refund up until August 1, 2015. If you purchase on or after August 1, 2015, you are not eligible for a refund. There is a $5 processing fee for refunds. For further questions or to ask for a refund, email us at: email@example.com
Please note: All registrations purchased through the Indiegogo Campaign are nonrefundable. They may, however, be transferred without additional charge. For details or questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be at least 18 on or before the first day of the conference in order to attend Wincon. Government ID is required upon check-in.
Wincon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund and/or all future Wincon or Winconferences, LLC events. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified by badges (pictured in the official program).
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
What information does Wincon collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, fill out a form, or register for a conference.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or PayPal address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What does Wincon use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To personalize attendee experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs; i.e. dietary restrictions for Wincon events, etc.)
To improve attendee experience
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your requests and concerns)
To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of providing a positive registration and con experience.
To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for registration processing may be used to send you updates about your registration, to request further information, to request feedback on your con experience, or inform you of future Wincon events.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you may reply with a simple, “Cancel e-mails” and we will remove your e-mail address from any Wincon mailing lists. You may also contact us at: email@example.com
How does Wincon protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
All payment information is processed through third parties (PayPal or Google Checkout) and is governed by their separate and independent Privacy Policies. We do not receive any sensitive financial information. Information provided to us by PayPal or Google Checkout may include, but is limited to your name, e-mail address, and mailing address. This information is only to be accessible by the Wincon Co-Lead Organizers, the Chair of Attendee Affairs, and the Registration Coordinator, who are required to keep the information confidential.
Before, during, and after a transaction, your sensitive financial information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) are not stored on our servers or accessible to Wincon personnel.
Does Wincon disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or hosting our event, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. (These may include, but are not limited to: Hotel Websites, PayPal, Eventbee, SurveyMonkey, LiveJournal, Twitter, Tumblr, DreamWidth, or Wikis.) These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on November 4, 2014.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Wincon‘s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Wincon’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Wincon at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The information and materials on Wincon‘s web site are provided “as is.” Wincon makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Wincon does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, adequacy, completeness of the information and materials, freedom from computer viruses, security in receiving information from this site, availability of this site for your use, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Wincon, its partners, principals, officers, directors, employees, representatives, volunteers, or suppliers be liable for any damages, losses or expenses of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use or reliance on the materials on Wincon’s Internet site, even if Wincon or a Wincon authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing or if we knew of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Wincon’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Wincon does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Wincon may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Wincon does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Wincon has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Wincon of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Wincon’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. Privacy and Personal Information
11. Choice of Law, Jurisdiction, Unenforceability
- Your access to and use of this web site, and these terms, are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, U.S.A., without giving effect to any law or rule that would cause the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Missouri to be applied. Any action arising out of these terms or this web site shall be litigated in, and only in, courts located in Kansas City, Missouri, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts and further agree that they are a convenient forum for you. WE AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, OUR POLICIES, OR THIS WEB SITE. In the event that any provision of these terms is held unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected, and the unenforceable provision will be replaced with an enforceable provision that comes closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
- Agreements, terms and conditions may apply to specific products and services offered through this web site. Agreements, terms and conditions applicable to a specific product or service supersede these terms. We may change terms and conditions, whether contained herein or otherwise, at any time without notice, and any such change will be effective immediately. Your continued viewing or access of this site shall constitute your agreement to any such changes.
12. Your Agreement
- Your registration and participation in activities and discussion on our web site and/or attendance at a Wincon event signifies your agreement to act in accordance with our policies and procedures. A general description of our policies and procedures is included in our FAQ, and our Harassment Policy may be found here. Please note the following:
- As a private event, we maintain the right to refuse service or admittance to anyone including, but not limited to, anyone who does not follow these policies and procedures while participating in discussions on our web site, and also at con (and pre- and post-con) events.
- We may revoke an participant’s right to participate and to be included in these activities and events if that participant refuses to cooperate with said policies and procedures.
- No refunds will be granted to a person who is asked to leave the premises.
- We reserve all rights to prosecute the offending individual in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations.
Wincon’s failure to insist upon strict enforcement of any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.