Learn more about Wincon
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Wincon‘s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Wincon’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Wincon at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The information and materials on Wincon‘s web site are provided “as is.” Wincon makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Wincon does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, adequacy, completeness of the information and materials, freedom from computer viruses, security in receiving information from this site, availability of this site for your use, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Wincon, its partners, principals, officers, directors, employees, representatives, volunteers, or suppliers be liable for any damages, losses or expenses of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use or reliance on the materials on Wincon’s Internet site, even if Wincon or a Wincon authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing or if we knew of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Wincon’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Wincon does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Wincon may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Wincon does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Wincon has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Wincon of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Wincon’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. Privacy and Personal Information
11. Choice of Law, Jurisdiction, Unenforceability
- Your access to and use of this web site, and these terms, are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, U.S.A., without giving effect to any law or rule that would cause the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Missouri to be applied. Any action arising out of these terms or this web site shall be litigated in, and only in, courts located in Kansas City, Missouri, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts and further agree that they are a convenient forum for you. WE AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, OUR POLICIES, OR THIS WEB SITE. In the event that any provision of these terms is held unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected, and the unenforceable provision will be replaced with an enforceable provision that comes closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
- Agreements, terms and conditions may apply to specific products and services offered through this web site. Agreements, terms and conditions applicable to a specific product or service supersede these terms. We may change terms and conditions, whether contained herein or otherwise, at any time without notice, and any such change will be effective immediately. Your continued viewing or access of this site shall constitute your agreement to any such changes.
12. Your Agreement
- Your registration and participation in activities and discussion on our web site and/or attendance at a Wincon event signifies your agreement to act in accordance with our policies and procedures. A general description of our policies and procedures is included in our FAQ, and our Harassment Policy may be found here. Please note the following:
- As a private event, we maintain the right to refuse service or admittance to anyone including, but not limited to, anyone who does not follow these policies and procedures while participating in discussions on our web site, and also at con (and pre- and post-con) events.
- We may revoke an participant’s right to participate and to be included in these activities and events if that participant refuses to cooperate with said policies and procedures.
- No refunds will be granted to a person who is asked to leave the premises.
- We reserve all rights to prosecute the offending individual in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations.
Wincon’s failure to insist upon strict enforcement of any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.